Fresh peaches are in the super markets. After a long winter I crave fresh fruit desserts. How about this for Easter dinner–with vanilla bean ice cream.
COUNTRY PEACH COBBLER
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tb. butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Filling: Peel and slice peaches. Arrange in bottom of a greased 8×8 or 9×9-inch pan. Sprinkle 1 cup sugar evenly over peaches. Dot with the 3 tb. of butter.
- Beat cake ingredients all together until light and creamy.
- Pour batter over fruit and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve hot or cold with ice cream in a pottery bowl.